1. Thanks to Tammy Kennedy for her inspiring workshop on Play Therapy with the Sexually Abused Child. Participants were moved by Tammy’s personal story of healing and how she is incorporating Play Therapy into her lectures. You will be hearing more from Tammy Kennedy in the future.
2. GAPT sponsored a networking lunch after Tammy’s workshop and even the Little Dude showed up. This guy never misses a free meal!
3. It is time to begin thinking of nominees for the 2019 GAPT Lifetime Achievement Award. Johanna White was the first recipient of this award and the GAPT Board is opening nominations for the 2019. We will soon be adding a link to download the nomination form.
4. GAPT honors the life and service of Claire Keane.
Claire served as a vice President of GAPT for several years and had a private practice in North Georgia. She will be missed by all who knew her.
5. An email blast will be sent to all members and those interested in keeping up with GAPT activities in the first week of the month.
so you can monitor new upcoming Play Therapy workshops and events as they are added.
Our Vice President, Beth Palumbo, has established and is maintaining the page. If you have any ideas or questions about it you can contact Beth at: BethPalumbo.LCSW@hotmail.com
With regard to committee work, GAPT follows APT'S policy of deleting from committees those members who do not participate and/or are non-responsive to committee chairs.
Check on the APT website. You will need your APT password information.
If you are unsure, or if your email address has changed, please contact Patrick Connors at: Patrick621@mac.com
Please Email the relevant information to Patrick Connors at Patrick621@mac.com
Relevant information includes the following: Date, topic, speaker name, APT provider approval number, and contact name. We also need a phone number, and/or email address, and/or link to your website.
It is important that all information be received at least one month before the date of the event.
You may earn non-contact credit by completing tests based upon the books and audio programs in APT'S e-learning center (you can listen to the latter free.) These programs are not intended to compete with programs offered by approved providers and only feature niche topics hard to find elsewhere. Although you may prefer to attend workshops in-person, explore the center and know your "distance learning options."
Foundations Of Disaster Mental Health
Is offered periodically at the Atlanta Red Cross headquarters.
For further information about dates contact Kathy Haworth at 404-575-3182 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
APT promotes the value of play, play therapy, and the credentialing of play therapists. Your APT/GAPT membership offers
Both organizations have websites. For more information about membership, call APT at 559-298-3400.
One of GAPT'S ongoing Outreach Activities to our community continues to be the opportunity to visit the Play Therapy room of Trudy Post Sprunk and/or watch Play Therapy videos. She has a substantial library of Play Therapy videos from which to choose. You may schedule by contacting her at 770-491-7423. The location of GAPT'S headquarters Is 4893 Lavista Road In Tucker. There is no charge.
For information contact Paul Nelson at 800-347-6647, extension 342.
It is titled Why Play Therapy? This full-color brochure introduces play therapy to the general public and other mental health professionals. It includes photos and research citations and we have given them extensively at outreaches where we promote play therapy. GAPT has a supply and will provide you with a sample copy at your request. Email your request to me at TrudyPostSprunk@charter.net
Copies in quantity can be ordered by calling APT at 559-298-3400. In addition, the brochure is also available in Spanish.
4893 LaVista Road, Tucker 30084